Notes, book chapters and teaching materials
Materials from past teaching (unstable, not recommended for citation)
- Notes and homeworks from Math 254A: Entropy and Ergodic Theory (UCLA fall quarter 2017). NOTE: I expect to retire this material over summer 2023. Please do not expect it to be available after June 30th.
The following will appear as a chapter in the proceedings of the Easter School on `Dynamics and Analytic Number Theory' held at Durham University, U.K., in April 2014. This pre-publication version is made available with the kind permission of Cambridge University Press.
Slides and notes from talks
Concentration of measure
Exchangeable random variables and related extremal combinatorics, spin glasses
- For the `Conference on Graphs and Analysis', Institute for Advanced Study, June 2012:
- For the `Workshop on Limit Theorems in Probability', January 2013. These were originally labelled as being for ISI, Bangalore. That was a typo: they were actually delivered at the Indian Institute of Science.
Ergodic theory: multiple recurrence and related arithmetic combinatorics
- Slides for `Trends in Dynamics', Northwestern, May 2011:
Cohomology of groups, topological algebra
- Slides for `Ergodic Theory with Connections to Arithmetic', University of Heraklion, June 2013:
Miscellaneous old notes
Math Sciences Building, office 6232
UCLA Mathematics Department, Box 951555, Los Angeles CA 90095-1555, U.S.A.
timaustin AT g DOT ucla DOT edu