Exams, exams, exams. Exams are an integral part of an actuarial students' career. Exam-based accreditation by organizations such as the Society of Actuaries and the Casualty Actuarial Society ensure that students in the industry are highly qualified for the work they do. During university, students should study for and begin to take the lower level exams. Additionally, students should be aware of VEE (validation by education experience) requirements by the SOA and CAS.
The Exams for Associateship are (SOA/CAS):
- P/1: Probability
- FM/2: Financial Mathematics
- MLC/LC: Models for Life Contingent Risk
- CAS ST: Statistics and Stochastic Processes (CAS only)
- MFE/3F: Financial Economics
- C/4: Construction of Actuarial Models