Work-Study – Accounting Assistant I – School Year 2017-18
Location: UCLA Asset Management Department, UCLA Wilshire Center Bldg., Suite 815, 10920 Wilshire Blvd., Westwood, Los Angeles 90024
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Financial Manager, the Work-Study Accounting Assistant I supports the Accounting Team with duties that include but are not limited to photocopying, scanning, filing paper documents, filing electronic documents by applying our document naming convention, spreadsheet data entry; assisting with processing accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliation; and other accounting-related tasks as assigned.
- Accounting coursework preferred but not required
- Experience working in an office preferred but not required
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Outlook (PC-based) required
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with customers (Department co-workers and senior management) required
- Exposure to commercial real estate property management preferred but not required
Department Summary: The UCLA Asset Management Department provides full-service property management for University-owned high-rise office buildings in Westwood (four buildings containing 940,000 SF, occupied by 150 tenants and generating $37M of rental income).
Departmental Services: Department employees perform these functions for the building portfolio:
- Operations – day-to-day property management activities including repairs and maintenance, janitorial, security, safety, parking and tenant relations,
- Financial Management - rent collection, expense payment, purchasing, accounting, budgeting,
- Leasing and lease administration,
- Construction management - tenant improvements, major maintenance, capital improvements, and
- Contracts management - construction contracts and professional services agreements.
How to Apply: If you have a Work Study Award, apply through Work-Study website. Only Work Study students should apply. For information, contact Jennie Redner at email@example.com.