The Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences is excited to launch its second year of the Spring into Research program. Applications are due by March 1st.
This program aims to support freshmen, sophomores, and first-year transfers who are interested in pursuing undergraduate research in the humanities, arts, or social sciences.
The selected participants will not be required to conduct research during the program, but will learn about the opportunities available for undergraduate research at UCLA, tips to get started and find a faculty mentor, along with strategies, tools, and resources available to support each stage of the research process. Program participants will also receive a $350 scholarship upon full completion.
To be eligible for the Spring into Research program, students:
1) Must be a UCLA freshman, sophomore, or first-year transfer student.
2) Cannot be a current or previous recipient of a research program scholarship through the Undergraduate Research Centers or AAP.
3) Must attend a brief orientation.
4) Must be available and commit to attending all required workshops held on Thursdays, from 4-5pm on April 5th, April 19th, April 26th, May 3rd, May 10th, and May 17th.
5) Must be available to attend portions of Undergraduate Research Week on Tuesday, May 22nd and Wednesday, May 23rd.
6) Must complete and submit all parts of the program application by 11:59pm on Thursday, March 1st.
The program application and further details are available at:
Spring into Research information sessions will also be held in Murphy A334 on February 20th and 26th at 3pm.
Contact the Undergraduate Research Center – Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
Office: Murphy A334