The Hammer is currently recruiting UCLA students for the position of Gallery Ambassador beginning Spring 2018. We are excited to invite students from your department to apply. Please find attached the job description to share with interested students. The position is also posted on our website, found here under the Student Opportunities section. We are looking for students who will be available to work for at least one year, are able to commit to a set weekly schedule each quarter, and will remain in Los Angeles for the Summer.
Please instruct students to submit a resume, cover letter, and work availability to email@example.com with “Gallery Ambassador” in the subject line. We have a wonderful history of working with UCLA academic departments in our student recruitment efforts, and appreciate your help in reaching a diverse student audience.
TITLE: Gallery Ambassador
SALARY: $12.25 hourly
JOB SUMMARY STATEMENT:
The Gallery Ambassador position combines the responsibilities of art protection with museum information and art appreciation. The primary responsibility of a Gallery Ambassador is the safety of the artwork and enforcement of museum policies. A Gallery Ambassador is responsible for monitoring the gallery spaces and protecting the art while engaging with the public to answer questions and provide information about the exhibits and the Hammer. A Gallery Ambassador also provides exceptional customer service by greeting visitors as they enter the galleries and ensuring that all guests have proper access.
DAYS/HOURS: Approximately 15 hrs/week, or as needed for operations. Must be able to commit to a set schedule each quarter.
- Registered UCLA Undergraduate or UCLA Extension student,
- Experience/interest in working in a dynamic environment with both fast-paced and slower settings,
- Customer service experience/interest,
- Ability to work a variable schedule of 3-4 five hour shifts per week; must have availability on weekdays, weekends, evenings, as well as some holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time,
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills,
- Friendly and outgoing, able to conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner in a variety of situations
- Ability to assert oneself when needed in order to enforce policies and protect artwork
- Ability to use good judgment and to respond to visitor feedback and inquiries,
- Experience with, knowledge of, appreciation for, or interest in visual art, especially contemporary.