WANT TO WORK AT A MUSEUM?
Join the Hammer Museum as a part-time Visitor Experience Representative (VER) for the academic year! VERs actively engage with visitors in the galleries, during events, and at the Museum’s entrances. Serving as the face of the institution, VERs are responsible for introducing visitors to the Hammer, safeguarding the art, and facilitating an exchange with a diverse cross-section of individuals.
As a VER, you will:
- Ensure that all guests receive the highest level of customer service and hospitality during their visit to the Museum.
- Be knowledgeable about the Museum’s current exhibitions and programs to provide helpful information and respond to inquiries.
- Enforce policies in galleries and other Museum spaces, while maintaining a polite demeanor and provide a positive experience to visitors.
- Observe and report issues and potential hazards regarding the art and/or visitors.
- Assist with the setup, flow, & breakdown of programs and events.
- Facilitate membership sales.
- A UCLA or SMC student
Preferably a sophomore or junior seeking experience in the non-profit, museum, art, or customer service worlds. All majors and diverse backgrounds are welcome!
- A people-person
Passionate about interacting with a diverse audience and have developed excellent communication and interpersonal Skills. Prior sales or customer service experience preferred.
- A self-starter
Eager to help out your coworkers and don’t need constant direction to do so.
- Dedicated & reliable
Want to work and recognize the impact you have on your fellow coworkers.
Able to stand and remain vigilant for several consecutive hours.
Able to commit to a weekly schedule and take responsibility for assigned shifts.
VERs are expected to work a minimum of 12 hours per week and receive $11.00 per hour in compensation. Students MUST be available to work a fixed weekly schedule comprised of at least two (2) of the following shifts:
• Tuesdays - Fridays: 10:30am - 3:45pm and/or 3:15pm - 8:15pm
• Saturdays & Sundays: 10:30am - 5:15pm
Email your resume, cover letter, contact information, and availability to VEResumes@hammer.ucla.edu.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to phone calls or emails regarding the status of applications and the recruiting process.