This scholarship, made possible through the generous donation of Dr. Myrna Hant, rewards the rebirth of academic aspirations among women whose college careers were interrupted or delayed by family and/or career obligations and encourages achievement in the pursuit of a bachelor's degree at UCLA.
Two $1000 scholarships
Monday, March 2, 2015 <<<<< DEADLINE!!!
· Applicant must be a UCLA undergraduate woman who returned or is returning to college after a period of years.
· Students may also have transferred from community college to UCLA as juniors.
· Applicant must be eligible for financial aid or student loans. Applicants are urged to consult with the Financial Aid Office about the potential effect of this award on their financial aid package.
· Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Detailed information on the CA Dream Act of 2011 is on www.fao.ucla.edu
The application requires the documents listed below. You will be required to upload the first three documents as a single PDF file, with the following name: Renaissance_AY14-15_YourLastName_YourFirstName.
1. Personal Essay (describing your path to a college degree; what you have accomplished academically, personally, and in the community; and what earning a degree from UCLA means to you.
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Transcripts (unofficial copy is acceptable)
4. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member of any university and a letter from a faculty or non-faculty recommender who is knowledgeable about your community service.
Letters of recommendation
Letters of recommendation may be submitted in these ways:
· Letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org from the faculty’s university email, OR
· Faculty may upload letters via the link they receive from CSW, OR
· Letters may be sealed in an envelope, with the recommender’s signature across the back flap, and delivered to:
UCLA Center for the Study of Women
ATTN: Renaissance Award
1500 Public Affairs, Box 957222
Los Angeles, CA 90095-7222
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letters of recommendations, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on March 2, 2015.
MORE INFO: email@example.com.