Funded through donations from friends and supporters of the Center for the Study of Women, travel grants assist graduate and undergraduate UCLA students with air and ground transportation expenses related to research on women, gender, and sexuality, including transportation for academic or professional conference presentation.
Maximum award is $400. Funds are awarded in the fall and spring quarters.
Fall: Monday, November 23, 2015
Spring: April 25, 2016
- Awardees will be selected on the basis of merit.
- Awardees must be a registered UCLA student.
- Travel must be for research or a conference pertaining to women, gender, and sexuality.
- For conference travel, awardee must provide evidence that the paper was delivered at a conference.
- CSW reimburses the awardee only after receiving original (hardcopy) receipts for eligible transportation expenses.
- Travel for the fall grant must occur on or between July 1, 2015, and December 31, 2015.
- Travel for the spring grant must occur on or between January 1, 2016, and June 30, 2016.
- Students who are qualified under the CA Dream Act of 2011 are eligible to apply. Detailed information on the CA Dream Act of 2011 is on www.fao.ucla.edu
- Applicants who are receiving financial aid should consult with the Financial Aid Office. If you are selected as a recipient of this award, your financial aid package may be subject to revision.
The application requires the documents listed below:
- Abstract of research project or conference paper (maximum 2 single-spaced pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letter of recommendation from one faculty members of any university
Letters of recommendation
Letter of recommendation should be uploaded via Submittable. Applicants will list the reference's email address in the form, and an email will be sent via Submittable to the references with instructions on uploading.
Only complete applications will be considered. CSW must receive all required documents, including letter of recommendation, no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on April 25, 2016