Full-Time Research Associate Opportunities
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Center for the Advancement of Data and Research in Economics (CADRE)
The Center for the Advancement of Data and Research in Economics (CADRE) at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is recruiting for the position of Research Associate.
Key Activities Include:
- Assisting Ph.D. economists and data scientists on academic research projects, data exploration and modeling, and algorithm development.
- Gathering and analyzing data, programming economic models and analytical algorithms, and preparing data visualizations.
- Investigate, profile, and test new technologies for high performance computing which enable large-scale, time-efficient modeling and analysis.
- Participate in applying data mining and modeling approaches to operational activities.
These are excellent positions for someone considering a Ph.D. in economics. Research Associates develop technical skills and are exposed to a broad range of economic research topics. Most Research Associates stay with the department for two to three years, at which point many return to graduate school. In recent years, Research Associates have gone on to Ph.D. programs at Stanford University, University of Chicago, New York University, University of Minnesota, Boston College, and Johns Hopkins University.
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics or closely related field, or a quantitative degree such as statistics, computer science, or mathematics.
- Strong academic record.
- High proficiency with personal computers, Unix/Linux experience preferred, and at least one programming language.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Coursework or experience in econometrics, math, statistics, statistical software packages, and machine learning is highly desirable.
- Go to https://frb.taleo.net/careersection/10jresearch/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=243287 to apply for "Research Associate."
- Please attach a resume, cover letter and unofficial transcript copy.
- Only US citizens and citizens of Canada and Mexico who qualify for the TN visa will be considered. Foreign students with only Optional Practical Training are not eligible.
- Please apply before December 10, 2015 to be considered. We will review applications on a rolling basis, so applying early is recommended.
- Applications will be pre-screened prior to interview selections. You will receive notification if you have been selected to for a phone interview.
For more information on CADRE and the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, please visit us on the web at www.kansascityfed.org.