The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP)
The Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) is for juniors and seniors who have a strong commitment to research and who will be completing a comprehensive independent research project or a departmental honors thesis during the 2017-18 academic term. This project must be completed under the mentorship of a UCLA faculty member.
- Receive a $3,000 scholarship (juniors) or $5,000 scholarship (seniors) to conduct research
- Conduct research for 3 quarters (fall, winter, and spring) and enroll in a 199, 198, 196, or other approved research course for at least 2 of the 3 quarters
- Complete and submit a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive independent research project
- Participate in a program colloquium and present their research at Undergraduate Research Week
- Junior level standing or higher (at least 90 units but no more than 175 units by the upcoming fall quarter) during the 2017-18 term
- 3.25 GPA or higher
- Commitment to completing a departmental honors thesis or comprehensive research project for 3 quarters (fall, winter, and spring)
- While financial need is not required, some awards are for students with established financial need
- International students and AB540 students are eligible
How to apply
- Application is available through MyUCLA (Campus Life – Survey). Application deadline is June 15th.
- A letter of recommendation/commitment from the prospective faculty mentor is required by the application deadline.
Further details are available at: http://www.ugeducation.ucla.edu/urhass/ursp.htm
Or attend our next URSP workshops:
- Thursday, June 1st 3:00-4:00pm in Murphy A334
- Tuesday, June 6th 12:30-1:30pm in Murphy A334